Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Talk Show/National TV
07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Talk Show/National TV

Here's the planning thread for the TV thing.

If we really want to stand a chance of getting on a morning show/in a newspaper/news show, we need to look good. Like I've been saying on BMG, once we get all the facts from our sources together, one of us could type up an essay sort of thing with it, explaining SOVA, explaining the situation with the VAs, PUSA, and 4Kids, and our position on it. Any volunteers to do the writing besides me? I'd be willing to do it since I write everyday anyway because..well, that's what I like to do, but it might be good having a few different letters for these places.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

Hidden Mew

RE: Talk Show/National TV

Well, I could also write an essay for this. I really like writing too. I could practice writing this essay, but it will be easier once we have all of the information in order so we won't sound so confused.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yes, ye sit will, which is why I want everything put together before we start writing....

........off topic a minute, who did that avatar? XD Cuz it is too damn cute.

07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

First, we must do it in a way that no-one will make it a laughing stock out of us. This meaning you totally need to have very accurate infomation. Make sure you check your sources and you need it to be convincing and be serious. If you are not serious, then the audience will view that it's totally like a joke.

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Of course! I know I'll probably start writing the letter, telling about what SOVA is and what we do, but then I'll wait until we have all of the information we need before writing the rest.

07-27-2006

Hidden Mew

RE:  Talk Show/National TV

AshuratheTrainer Wrote:

Yes, ye sit will, which is why I want everything put together before we start writing....

........off topic a minute, who did that avatar? XD Cuz it is too damn cute.

That makes sense for the essay. I'm glad that you like my avatar. I don't know who did it. It was on a website that was in spanish, but it looked too great to pass up.

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

aw. XD Too bad. >> -wishes I had taken spanish now so I could go look- XD

07-29-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

I didn't know where to put this,so I put it here because it has to do with Talk shows (kinda), (sorry if this is the wrong place.)

We definitly have to get this on to a talk show, and soon (I hope.)

You see over at BMG WPM ,(out of all are ideas) he made it very clear that he doesn't want us to get SOVA on to a talk show.

So, that must mean he doesn't want us to get the word out. I don't care what excuse he makes, but that is what it seems like.

What I'm trying to say is, since he is against SOVA, then what ever he doesn't like with what we are doing must be good for SOVA.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-29-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Then again, WPM's raised my red flags since Day 1...

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-29-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

What I'm trying to say is we have to get this on to a Talk show very very soon, or we may loose are chance to get the original voice actor back.

We don't have any more time to loose. we have known about this for months and we havn't got much time left...

This post was last modified: 07-29-2006 06:24 PM by Ash's Pika Pal .

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yeah, that's why we need to get all of this stuff done soon. We need the information, the letters to them, the CDs, and SOVAcast..... >>;

08-02-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Barb over at BMG had a good idea, how about Pie and WPM go on Jerry Springer? What better place to settle an argument then on Jerry Springer?

I mean we would get a number of things done, 1 the word would be out, 2 we might be able to untangle all the lies and rumors and 3 people might actually stop bashing SOVA so much, if they find out the truth.

I know that would be a long shot, but hey it's worth a try.

08-02-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

I think she was kidding. XP I would pay good money to see Pie and WPM duke it out, though....

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

08-03-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

XD So would I. Though I have a feeling if we all went on with Pie, we'd be seeing WPM turned to pulp...which is more amusing then just a fight with Pie. :p

08-04-2006

bobharris89

i think going on a talk show would be a great idea. but like you said, it would probably have to be soon. i think you can do it. there are dozens of different talk shows to choose from, and there's bound to be at least one who would have you on the show.

08-06-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

So, that means all we have to do now is contact at least one of them. We already know some of the talk shows we could go on.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: