Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
Ideas Thread
07-25-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Ideas Thread

Well, I was just thinking that we should have a thread where we could put all of our ideas in, so we can plan them out, and hopefully put these ideas into action soon.

Here are some ideas we have so far (NOTE: the ones marked with an asterisk * are very big ideas which would greatly help SOVA if we can get them to actually work):

- SOVA ads/articles in newspapers

- Getting SOVA on the local news or some kind of news station

- Getting SOVA on a Talk Show, such as The Today Show, Entertainment Tonight, etc. *

- Recording a CD with all of our opinions of the VAs, with us saying how important they are to the show, why they need to return - then sending this CD to Pokemon USA (NOTE: This could be done with Skype, and with any people who have a mic)

- Making SOVA shirts for all the members to wear, which will help people recognize our organization and spread the word to many people offline. *

- Doing public services to raise more awareness for our cause (and possibly getting the attention of the news people by doing this service? I don't remember how gadfly explained this......) *

- Buying the DVD of Mew and the Mystery of Lucario, and destroying the disc containing the redub of Mastermind. Then, sending the remaining pieces to Pokemon USA

- Contacting BOTH Pokemon USA and 4Kids, and making sure they get the real story of what happened, and letting them know what needs to happen in order for them to save the VAs and the dub *

-Vow of silence. We pick a day and stay silent the whole day for SOVA.

Other Ideas Which Could Help

- Telling everyone you know about SOVA, and staying on them trying to get them to help out our campaign

- If individuals would send only ONE letter each, instead of multiple letters (basically, one person sends a single letter, their friend sends a letter, and so on)

- Continuing to send Pokemon USA emails

- Going to anime conventions, and passing out SOVA flyers to people

- Starting a SOVAcast, to inform everyone - current members, and potential members who want to join but don't know anything about our organization: it would consist of the latest information regarding projects we're planning on doing for the campaign, and of course all the latest news regarding the VA situation. This is yet another thing which would be done using Skype. All the Skypecasts we record would then be put up on the SOVA website and forums, so anyone interested in our organization could download it to their computer or to their IPod (NOTE: I just thought of this idea, but I'm not sure if it's a good one yet, I'll have to wait and see what everyone on here says first).

Anyway, if I think of anything else, I will add it to this list.

Also, if any of you have ideas that aren't on there, tell me and I'll add them.

Of course, this is just a list of all our ideas. What we need to do, and need to right now is think of which of these goals our campaign needs to focus on first (such as making the shirts, getting on the talk show, and doing public services), and then work to accomplish them.

This post was last modified: 08-01-2006 04:44 PM by AshuratheTrainer.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

RE: Ideas Thread

Actually, might I suggest something? Rather then plan the ideas in here, when a new idea is proposed here, if it's taken well, a new thread is made for it so we don't clutter this one up? XD

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yeah, that's fine, Ashura.  ^^

Hehe, I didn't think of that.  XD

So anyway, I guess this thread will just be a master list for all the ideas we've thought of so far or something.  XD

This post was last modified: 07-25-2006 11:58 PM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-26-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

The idea I have now is to maybe get this on Entertainment Tonight.

Since, it's not the news nor a talk show, I figured I'd post this idea. I also figured since ET gets a lot of viewers...

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Well, in case anyone's noticed, I just thought of a new idea and I edited the list.

My idea is that we start a SOVAcast, which would be recorded for the website every week OR every other week (depending on the schedules of the main people involved).

Anyway, I'm not sure if this would be a good idea or not. But, since the Bulbacast seems to be very popular with many people, I think it's worth a shot to see if we can have our own cast for all the SOVA members and any potential SOVA members (you know, people who we're trying to spread the word to, who may want to join our cause).

In my opinion, not only would a SOVAcast keep all of our current and potential members informed about things, but it would also be a good reminder for everyone so we can remember to keep working on all the projects we have going and keep track of things easier.

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Hm, I like that idea. It would inform those that don't know what we're about.

You also gave me the idea, that with the Skype CD, we could post it as a SOVAcast too, so others can hear what we say along with PUSA and 4Kids.

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yes, that is another great idea, Ashura!! ^^

Once our Pokemon USA CD is made and recorded, we should put it on the website as one of our SOVAcasts.

And omg, I just thought of another idea.  However, this would might be very difficult to do, but it depends on a few factors......

Anyway, if we DO start having SOVAcasts, it would be great if for one our casts, we invite all 4 of the VAs!  Imagine how great it would be for SOVA if that happened!!!  ^_^  

Of course, like I said, that depends on a few factors such as:

1.  Whether all the VAs are available for a SOVAcast

2.  Whether the VAs have Skype and a mic on their computers

3.  How many of the VAs we'd actually be able to get on the cast

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 04:06 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

I apologize in advance for sounding like a fangirl here but...that would be wicked cool! XD *_* To talk to them on a SOVAcast...wow. And they'd most likely have alot of imput in on it too.

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Hey, most of us are all fangirls here, so it's okay!!  LOL.  XD

Anyway, yes I agree with you, Ashura.

Having the VAs on a SOVAcast would be great!!!!  ^_^

And also, the best part would be that there wouldn't be anyone in the SOVAcast who is against SOVA or any naysayers to worry about (which would obviously bother the VAs).  So now that I think about it, there shouldn't be any reason why the VAs would turn down an invitation to a SOVAcast, except for if they don't have Skype/mics.

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 04:25 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-26-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

My god, I'd probably be so flustered I wouldn't be able to speak if the VAs took part in a SOVAcast. *.* Eric especially, I have a very large crush on him. 'Course, I know I'd quickly warm up, I'm not quite as shy as I used to be. Somehow I think that all the debating has brought out the extroverted side of me.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yeah, same here. This is the most I've talked on a forum in forever. XD And it's even rarer that I talk on a mic, so this would be a first, yet I'm jumping around, all ready to do it. XD

07-26-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

How about trying to contact someone from Japan? Maybe they wouldn't like how PUSA are lying to us.

Doesn't PUSA work with a Japanese company? Or, are they just a company that works only in America?

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 08:55 PM by Ash's Pika Pal .

07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

PUSA manages Pokemon in the USA, and they are a subdiary of The Pokemon Company in Japan.

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

07-26-2006

Hidden Mew

Many people here just come up with the best ideas. I could do a lot of these ideas to help out more. I also just have a few quick questions. Should we also boycott PUSA products such as video games, the cards, DVDs, and the show? I know that we would buy the Lucario movie and maybe one of the box set DVDs, but would it get our point across to PUSA? I just wasn't so sure after the thought of trying to change our image. We could easily boycott products and save our money, but I'm not sure about the show. I keep on going back and forth from watching the first couple of episodes and then just watching a fansub. I was also thinking the same thing for destroying the redub of Mastermind and sending it to PUSA, but I just wanted to ask if that would help get our message to them. I am just too confused about all of this.

07-26-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I'm thinking that destroying the Mastermind DVD isn't such a good idea now...suppose PUSA took it as a threat...

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

I doubt they'd take it as a thread, but unless we make our own Mastermind DVDs and destroy those, all it would be doing is giving them our money so it defeats the purpose.

As for the boycott, we'd need to be careful of that. Perhaps only buy the merchadise for the old pokemon (Kanto through Hoenn) but not for the new ones, and don't buy the DVDs/videos/etc of anything after the old VAs stopped voicing. The only way that'd make a big dent is if you'd talk alot of people into going with it. As is, it most likely wouldn't make an impact.

07-26-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Maybe we could have a rally like that one boy Rob suggested?

07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yes, a rally would be a great idea, Ash's Pika Pal. ^^

But, however, there's only 2 problems with it:

1. Most of us don't have money to go to New York

2. Enough of us would have to go to New York, in order for the crowd of people to be big enough to have an impact on Pokemon USA.

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yes..the problem is, we need to think of small ideas, that would cause a big impact, rather then big ideas that have a big impact. Because, even though it's unfortunate, we are still a very small group.

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Then maybe if at least one person could be there, say maybe around the time of the torny. Then that could get other fans interested in SOVA and the rally!!!

Hey I have an idea if anyone has any friends in NY who like Pokemon, maybe they could spread the word at the torny.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 02:32 AM by Ash's Pika Pal .

Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: