Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (4): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 » Last »
Ideas Thread
07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

RE: Ideas Thread

Yeah, that reminds me of something, Ashura......

One of our main problems that keeps coming up is the fact that we NEED to raise more awareness for our cause!!

And since it's still July, and we have plenty of time before September, then the time to get more people interested in SOVA is now!!!!

So anyway, what I suggest is that we should really start taking some of these ideas into action, and soon before it's too late.

I mean, seriously, if we plan to get anything done, we need to start at least some of these ideas now.

In my opinion, we should focus on the ideas that we already have threads for, and get started working on those projects. XD

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Yes, I agree. Like the PUSA CD, if at all possible, it'd be nice to do that this weekend, and get it done and out of the way. As absentminded as that may sound, we do only have a short amount of time...only a little over a month, give or take?

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yeah, that's about right.

So, since time is short, I say we get started on the Pokemon USA CD right away, and make it this weekend (at a time that won't intervere with the Bulbacast of course, so that Pie will be able to attend both this and the BC).

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 02:53 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

My thought is to fill up the myth list so that it will be a future reference to "WPM's" and naysayers rummors and myths.

=p

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

That can be done too. =P So let's see. Myth list is an on going project, SOVAcast/PUSA CD this weekend, meeting this weekend (maybe?), shirts this week and next week?...who knows. >>;;

07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yeah, that sounds good to me, Ashura.  ^^

And actually, if we want to have the meeting this weekend as well, I suggest we have this meeting on Skype.  And since it's a Skype meeting, we should have it before we make the Pokemon USA CD and before we record our first SOVAcast (which those 2 projects will also be this weekend).  Because, if we do have the meeting on Skype, it would give us good practice for the Pokemon USA CD and our first SOVAcast recording.  And I think most of us, especially the people who haven't used Skype before and are kind of shy, will probably need some practice before we do the actual thing.  ^^

EDIT: Now the only thing we need to do is plan a specific day and time.

We need 3 different dates and times:

- One for the SOVA meeting

- One for the Pokemon USA CD

- And one for the SOVAcast

Actually, we might need Pie's help for planning the times, because if we're going to do all of that this weekend, then we'll need to know when Bulbacast 15 is so we can plan around that (though, BC 15 has already been scheduled and rescheduled many times, so the planning of the BC is a bit strange, crazy, and random).

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 09:24 PM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Well, we could have a Skype meeting on Friday night...I know I need to test my mic, to make sure it works and such, and it'd be good to make sure we all are up and running for the CD and SOVAcast and such. Getting all the technical crap outta the way. :]

07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Okay.

That sounds good, Ashura!!  ^^

And also, I'm not sure if you noticed yet or not, but I edited my post up there (lol).  XD

However, if we have the meeting on Friday, I go to my college's anime club on that day.  And I won't be back at the dorms until around 9:30 or 10:00 PM (most of the time, it's 10 because we stay there all night watching anime until they close the building, lol).

So that means the meeting should be no earlier than 10:00 or 10:30 PM (actually now that I think of it, that's the regular time of the meetings anyway, lol).  XD

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 09:30 PM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-27-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

10 EST or PST? Since depending on how my energy holds up, I'm usually dead by 10pm my time (PST). ^^;; Of course, with the right amount of Coke, I could still be wired by then.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

LOL, Sui Kune.  XD

Actually, it would be 10:00 PM Eastern time, because that's what I have.  ^^

And I guess that would be about 7:00 PM for you or something?  *is not good with Time Zone differences*  XD

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 09:49 PM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-27-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

7pm's perfect for me (yep, you got it right, three hours difference :3), it's after my afternoon crash (my energy takes dives during certain parts of the day) and I'm just starting to pick up again.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 09:54 PM by Sui Kune.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

What would that be central? Wouldn't it be 9 PM?

07-27-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern.....yeah, I think that does make it 9pm.

- Maddie Blaustein

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Time zones confuse me. Especially ours, since indiana has like...two or three.

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Indiana is totally central time (-6 GMT)

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

When did that start? Because I know at one time, it was central, then I think also eastern in other areas.

Going off this, most of it was eastern for the most part, except for a few counties: http://www.ivytech.edu/images/timezonemap.gif

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  Ideas Thread

AshuratheTrainer Wrote:

When did that start?  Because I know at one time, it was central, then I think also eastern in other areas.

Going off this, most of it was eastern for the most part, except for a few counties: http://www.ivytech.edu/images/timezonemap.gif

Info is a bit outdated

Quote:
Due to the confusion of anyone not from Indiana, the state passed a bill[2] in 2005 whereby the entire state began observing daylight saving time starting in April 2006.

More accurate map:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:National-atlas-timezones-2006.gif

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Hm, alright, that explains DLT, but not the fact that most of IN is in the Eastern Timezone while those two parts are in Central. :o ..yet they did the same with other states, but those are pretty even in comparison. Indiana has that pattern in it...then again, it probably goes by county... o.0 Eh.

07-28-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Wow, Indiania's time zone is pretty confusing. O_O

That's just really weird, lol.

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Indiania! XD Heh, sorry.

Anyway, yeah, it is. And of course, I love it. XD Yet it makes for figuring out time zones very hard sometimes.

Pages (4): « First « 1 [2] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: