Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Skype CD
07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Skype CD

Yeah, let's see how many of us would be up to making this CD.

We'd all need skype and at least a mic, and whichever of us that would send the CD would need the propper programs...I have a CD burner and CDs, but I've never used SKype before now, so I don't know the ins and outs of it, so this would be a first for me if we did this.

edit: ...ok, is there a version of Skype that Windows 98 can handle? x.x

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 02:41 AM by AshuratheTrainer.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

RE: Skype CD

Well, I'm definitely up for making this CD!! ^_^

I have both Skype and a mic, so this would be very easy for me.

And by the way, Ashura, Skype is an easy program to use. It works sort of like a phone, because you can call any of the people on your contacts list. ^^

Oh, and Ashura, that is just a warning thing they put up on there. In fact, I installed Skype on this computer that I'm using right now (my friend's computer) and it is a Windows 98 as well.

So just download Skype anyway (ignore what it says on the site, lol). XD

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Did it. XD I just need to hook up a mic and I'm set. Because, I really wanna make this CD.....I just know I'm going to ramble though. x.x Ugh.

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Aww, that's okay, Ashura.   LOL, I ramble too when I'm in a Skype conversation.  XD

Anyway, so does that mean you have a mic, but you just need to hook it up?

That's cool.  ^^

EDIT:  Also, all of us who want to make the CD (and have Skype installed) need to make sure we have each other on our contacts list.

I have Pie on my contacts list and Sui Kune as well, so I think I just need to know your Skype name, Ashura.

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 03:27 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yeah, we have..like, two mics in the house. I'll just steal my grandfather's, since he rarely uses it anyway.

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

LOL.  XD

Hehe......

And I technically "borrowed" my friend's mic, but he didn't really use it anyway so I never gave it back to him.  XD

And by the way, did you see my edit up there?

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 03:29 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

I just did right now. XD I signed up under this name on there, AshuratheTrainer, since I knew that's the name SOVA people would know me as.

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Thanks, Ashura!!

Okay, I'm going to add you to my contacts list now. ^^

And by the way, in case you or anyone else doesn't know what my name is on Skype, it's PokemonTrainerLisa.

LOL. XD

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

XD;;; Great minds think alike here or something? :D I'll add you on my list when I get on it next.

I just thought of something too. We could also have on the CD about different ways to contact SOVA back, like through dA, through her, IRC, etc so that if PUSA feels inclined, they can without going through someone else. XD

08-05-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

I like totally think the SOVAcast can replace the skype cd, will it?

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

08-05-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Doubt it. We most likely need to redo it, just to keep all the topics out of it. We want this only for our reasons and maybe some things to point out to PUSA, but other then that, we need to keep alot of what was said on SOVAc off it for the most part.

08-05-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

I guess...

This post was last modified: 08-05-2006 06:20 PM by Haruka.

08-05-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yes, I agree with Ashura.

And since this CD will be going to Pokemon USA, it needs to be very formal. That means we should only say these things on it:

- why we want the original voice actors back, and why we think they are the best people to fit the characters on Pokemon

- why we started SOVA

- what we suggest that Pokemon USA should do (which is obviously, get the VAs back anyway they can)

08-05-2006

fruitsmoothierevenge
Wants a TR Jeep

I would be able to provide a clip for it... I don't have Skype but I have a microphone.

08-05-2006

PokeSensei
Pokémon Researcher

Visit authors website

I may not have been active with SOVA in the past, but count me in. =D.

08-05-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  Skype CD

fruitsmoothierevenge Wrote:

I would be able to provide a clip for it... I don't have Skype but I have a microphone.

Skype is totally free.... http://www.skype.com

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: