Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Welcome to SOVA Forum
07-25-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Welcome to SOVA Forum

Welcome, now we need to spread the word. Please only contact SOVA members on other forums to spread the word that SOVA finally have a dedicated location..

Anyways, anyone want to voleentier to be a staff, PM me with 1 paragraph why.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

RE: Welcome to SOVA Forum

I would like to be on staff because I have had experience modding, and every good forum has experienced mods.

I was very dedicated to my job as mod...I checked my assigned sections at least twice a day, and dealt with any problems within them. The members always seemed to e-mail me about any problems, because they knew I'd have the problem fixed within a few minutes, Before long, I was promoted to a S-Mod, where I could oversee the whole forum. But I didn't back down from my duties or put down newbies that were just learning the ropes.

One day, the forums were attacked by spammers--and I had to singlehandedly clean up all the spam and nasty pictures they left behind since no other S-mods or admins were on to help. (at this forum, only admins had access to the ban button, which I really wanted to use while I was cleaning up) No sooner did I finish cleaning up every last forum, I alerted the other S-mods and admins that I needed help, then went back and cleaned up some fresh mess the spammers had made.

Finally, one of the other S mods arrived to help me, and an admin arrived to ban the offenders soon after.  

This post was last modified: 07-25-2006 08:06 PM by LightningTopaz.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  Welcome to SOVA Forum

LightningTopaz Wrote:

I would like to be on staff because I have had experience modding, and every good forum has experienced mods.

I was very dedicated to my job as mod...I checked my assigned sections at least twice a day, and dealt with any problems within them. The members always seemed to e-mail me about any problems, because they knew I'd have the problem fixed within a few minutes, Before long, I was promoted to a S-Mod, where I could oversee the whole forum. But I didn't back down from my duties or put down newbies that were just learning the ropes.

One day, the forums were attacked by spammers--and I had to singlehandedly clean up all the spam and nasty pictures they left behind since no other S-mods or admins were on to help. (at this forum, only admins had access to the ban button, which I really wanted to use while I was cleaning up) No sooner did I finish cleaning up every last forum, I alerted the other S-mods and admins that I needed help, then went back and cleaned up some fresh mess the spammers had made.

Finally, one of the other S mods arrived to help me, and an admin arrived to ban the offenders soon after.  

You already a branch owner, so you are changed to dedicated group with s-mod powers.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

What all can I do at this level? Anything but ban?

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  Welcome to SOVA Forum

LightningTopaz Wrote:

What all can I do at this level? Anything but ban?

All S-mod powers

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

All right, I have created a mod lounge, a promotion/demotion thread, and a suggestions area in the staff forum...

07-26-2006

Pie
Administrator
Administrator

Visit authors website

Will I have to write a paragraph? ^^o

For those who aren't aware, I started the BMGf branch and made the website...

SOVA

I adopted Pie's Brock Doll from Pokémon Creations!
Adopt yours today!

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

OMG!

Pie, I really love your avatar!  LOL.  XD

It's awesome!!!!  ^_^

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 12:15 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-26-2006

~~rose bride~~

wow, so I'm the 11th member to join.... anyway, I'm really glad that this forum was created.

07-26-2006

YumeHeart

Hi everyone! It's great that we have our own forum now!

07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Hi there... Wow, did it grew?

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: