Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last »
SOVAcast (A weely podcast for the SOVA site)
07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

SOVAcast

Well, I thought of the idea of a SOVA cast, which would be a podcast recorded with Skype.  And after each cast is recorded, it would be put up on the SOVA site for all SOVA members and potential SOVA members to download to their computer or to their IPod.

And now my only question is this:

Who wants to be part of the main cast of speakers for the SOVAcast?  I think we can have up to 5 people, including whoever's doing the recording.

I want to be in it, of course, since I'm the person who suggested this idea and I've also been in numerous Bulbacasts as well.  XD

Also, if we decide to start having SOVAcasts for the site, I think Pie should definitely be included because she is the head of the SOVA organization (of course, like I said in that other thread, we'd have to record this cast on a day and time when it won't interfere with Pie being in the Bulbacast).

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 04:32 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

RE: SOVAcast

*raises hand* I'm always available! X3 Of course, the day and time would really have to be drilled into my head, seeing as I'm really itching to play the rerelease of Valkyrie Profile (Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth) on a borrowed PSP. Pie has already heard me ramble on endlessly about it. Otherwise, I'm pretty much always free, and very willing!

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Okay.  That sounds good, Sui Kune!!  ^^

And so far, here's who is going to be in the SOVAcast:  me, you, Ashura, and hopefully Pie (if she agrees, and this doesn't interfere with her schedule).  That's four people.

Now all we need is someone who can record, unless one of us can do it.

Although, I wouldn't be able to do that, cause this computer doesn't have anything to record stuff with.

EDIT:

AshuratheTrainer Wrote:

We'd most likely have to have it on a Saturday or a Sunday for the meetings and the SOVAcasts both. Meetings on Saturday, SOVAcast on Sunday?

Ashura posted this in another thread.

Though, I am not sure how those days would be with everyone......

Any suggestions on a day or time we should record the first SOVAcast?

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 05:05 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

I'm mainly thinking of the fact that some of us might have to work/have school. Like I know I have school monday through friday on a normal week, and I start Senior year in August. Then I also have after school karate classes at least one day a week, usually on tuesday, wednsay or thursday.

It seems the weekend is the most clear overall, as there usually isn't school on a weekend, and I'm guessing that most don't work on weekends. Though we could get schedules for everyone and figure out a day that way that suits everyone.

Right now I can go just about any time, I'm usually online from at 1 in the afternoon to 12 at night (central time) o.0 Except for like the nights with karate, where I'm gone from 6-9 or 7-9 at night.

07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

I have added some tutorials to get onto IRC chatroom.... Still like sooo totally need to work on more...

BTW: this might be what you looking for, podcast host.

http://www.podomatic.com/

I don't start school until sept.

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 09:36 PM by Haruka.

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Actually, Haruka, I was thinking that Pie or someone could just have a section of the SOVA site for the SOVAcast, and people could download it through links from there (you know, like what PPN did with the Bulbacast).  But, if she can't host the SOVAcast on the SOVA site for whatever reason, then I guess we could ask PPN if he could host the SOVAcast on his site.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 02:35 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yeah, it might be good if the SOVAcast could be on the SOVA site, rather then somewhere else. Though if we have to, PPN can host it, or we could use that Podomatic thing.. o.0

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

How are we totally going to record Skype output?

btw, I have no mic.

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Is there someone you know that might have one?

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

I have a solution!

http://www.voidstar.com/node.php?id=2140

07-28-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

So, will that program record our SOVAcast for us?

Also, I think it would also be a good idea for whoever's recording it to also edit out the parts where we mess up and stuff......

Because, when Pie and the others usually do the Bulbacast, I know that PPN/TSS or someone usually records the cast, and then any parts they don't want in the actual cast or any parts where they mess up they can edit out of the cast.

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Good idea. I know, at least with the first one, that we will be screwing up. XD

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

I can totally set up a skype account and do all the recording, but I cannot participate because I have no mic, and I don't wish to participate...

=p

This post was last modified: 07-28-2006 03:00 AM by Haruka.

07-28-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

I'm embarassed to say that I slur a lot, and sometimes have trouble getting words out. ^^;; I'm not incomprehensable, just wanted to give a heads up.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Don't worry, I'm like that sometimes, so I wouldn't be surprised if that makes two this weekend. o.o Hey, don't we need each others Skype names? Didn't you mention that before Lisa? XD

07-28-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

I'm sui-kune on Skype. X3 I often use the same nicknames for everything.

- Maddie Blaustein

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

-bows- I am......wait for it.........drum roll......AshuratheTrainer on Skype. XD;;; Since the only reason I have Skype is for SOVA, I went with my Bulba name.

07-28-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Aww, that's okay, Sui Kune.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be able to understand you just fine. ^^

And yes, Ashura, I did mention that!! XD

LOL.

So, if anyone doesn't have my Skype name it's:

PokemonTrainerLisa

And by the way, I suggest that everyone who's participating in the Skype CD/SOVAcast post their Skype names on here, so that we can add each other.

Also, Haruka, if you're going to be recording, then we will probably need to know your Skype name as well, because more than likely you (or one of us) will be the one hosting the Skype conference.

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  SOVAcast

PokemonTrainerLisa Wrote:

Aww, that's okay, Sui Kune.

Don't worry, I'm sure we'll be able to understand you just fine.  ^^

And yes, Ashura, I did mention that!!  XD

LOL.

So, if anyone doesn't have my Skype name it's:  

PokemonTrainerLisa

And by the way, I suggest that everyone who's participating in the Skype CD/SOVAcast post their Skype names on here, so that we can add each other.

Also, Haruka, if you're going to be recording, then we will probably need to know your Skype name as well, because more than likely you (or one of us) will be the one hosting the Skype conference.

I'll totally get it set up tommrow...

07-28-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Okay Haruka, that sounds good to me!! ^^

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: