Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (3): « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »
SOVAcast (A weely podcast for the SOVA site)
07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE: SOVAcast

Okay, it's set up. It's Harukachanpc, but you cannot start a voice chat because I have no mic.

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

Hidden Mew

This looks and sounds like a great idea, but I don't have any of the computer attachments needed for it. I read up on what this is and I don't have a mic at all nor can I buy one. Would there be a live discussion that I could just type up my messages? I think that was mentioned before, but I'm not sure.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  SOVAcast

Hidden Mew Wrote:

This looks and sounds like a great idea, but I don't have any of the computer attachments needed for it. I read up on what this is and I don't have a mic at all nor can I buy one. Would there be a live discussion that I could just type up my messages? I think that was mentioned before, but I'm not sure.

You could use tts, but totally, it's not your voice. =p

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

If you have a friend that has a laptop, it might have a built in mic and you could use the laptop. I know my laptop does, but since the internet is on my desktop I needed a normal mic, which I stole form my grandfather.

You could make a video, Hidden Mew, if you have a cam corder, and send it in that way.

07-28-2006

Hidden Mew

My older brother does have a laptop, but its a Mac laptop. I think I've heard of mics inside of other laptops, but I'm not sure if they're in a Mac. I don't have a cam corder either, but that still is a good idea AshuratheTrainer.

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Could be worth asking him if he could see about it. 8D

Hmm... >_> Could type up what you would have to say, and someone else could read it for you or something. Like, type it in text and one of us could read it off. Something like that,

07-29-2006

Hidden Mew

That idea about typing it could really work for me. I'll have to ask my brother later today or tomarrow to see if there is a mic in his laptop. Thank you all for the help.

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yes. >>

And I just managed to get my mic to work like it's supposed to, so I'm all set and ready. :D

07-29-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

There is skype for mac, If you have Mac OS X, you can totally use skype with no problems.

07-29-2006

Hidden Mew

That's good then. The computer that I use and my brother's laptop are both Mac OS X. I can ask my dad later about skype and see what he can do to help me. Thanks again.

07-29-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

I'm really itching to do the SOVAcast. X3 I can't wait! Is there anything planned for tonight?

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

It depends on it Pie is up to it tonight. I hope she is, except now I'm in a bad mood because of the heat. :< Heat+that time=want to jump in a lake...but I'd still do SOVAcast and the PUSA CD 8D

07-30-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

And of course, I'm up for doing a SOVAcast tonight!!  ^^

The only thing we have to worry about is whether Pie will be able to do it tonight or not......

And by the way, I am on Skype right now, but Pie doesn't seem to be online.  Also, she doesn't appear to be on BMGf at the moment, either.

Maybe someone could contact her through AIM, and ask her if she'd be okay with doing a SOVAcast tonight?

This post was last modified: 07-30-2006 01:31 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-30-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

Just did through MSN, and the poor thing's too tired. >.o Could we get together anyway just to try everything out and practice? I feel better tonight than I did last night.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-30-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

We could start the PUSA CD, or just talk or something. XD Plan what to do with the SOVAcast, what we want to do on it...or something.

07-30-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

That sounds like fun. :3 I'm already on Skype, so poke me if you guys wanna.

- Maddie Blaustein

07-30-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Oh, okay.

Aww, poor Pie.  Sui Kune, if you get a chance, tell her I hope she feels better soon.  =3  

Anyway, there's always tomorrow.  And if she's feeling better by then, it would be a great day to do our first SOVAcast.  ^^

Oh, and sure!  We could still have a little practice thing tonight!  That sounds good to me!!!!  ^_^

And Ashura, I don't think it would be a good idea to start the Pokemon USA CD tonight, you know, since we won't have Pie or anything.  She wouldn't be able to tell Pokemon USA what her thoughts are on the VA situation.

Although, I agree that we could plan on what we will be doing and saying for our first SOVAcast, and we could practice for it too (which may or may not be recorded tomorrow).

This post was last modified: 07-30-2006 01:44 AM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

07-30-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Well, that's why I said just start it. Then tommorrow she could do her thing for the CD and it could be put in with ours, and put on the CD. I just don't want anything rushed, as it seems everything might possibly be squeezed in together when it comes to Skype. Though I guess it should all be together and at one time.

edit; Could one of you make the room thing? I don't know which button to push, Conferance or Chat. XD

This post was last modified: 07-30-2006 01:45 AM by AshuratheTrainer.

07-30-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Oh, I see, so you just wanted to start the Pokemon USA CD. I see what you mean.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Either way is fine with me. ^^

However, in my opinion, I just think it might be better if we did it all at once, with everyone there. XD

07-30-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Er, just a heads up for you guys, it's storming here, so I might end up not being able to get online later. x.X it depends onif the power goes out and if it passes by quickly or not.

edit: Alright, all clear here. XD I think I'm alright now. Hopefully no more storms. XD

This post was last modified: 07-31-2006 02:45 AM by AshuratheTrainer.

Pages (3): « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: