Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

VA situation
07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

VA situation

Alright, as per what I was suggesting at BMG, let's have a thread for this, yes? We need to organize everything that we know, so we have less chaos.

Remember to post the sources, and all of the details. Everything could have an impact.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

RE: VA situation

Ok, I can help organize, but only one at a time. Just tell me something to organize and I'll do it.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Well, I'm thinking someone needs to go through the BMG and the Serebii branches and get all the info out of them and organize it. It'll most likely take a few people to do so. :\

07-25-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Does that include how many letters and emails people have sent out?

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I can donate the Serebii SOVA member list...

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yeah, member lists might be good.....though the tallies of amount of letters sent wouldn't be of much help probably, besides just having stats on who did what. I'm mainly thinking of, like, stuff involving 4Kids and PUSA (the contract business, what the VAs said happened, etc, etc, and such that affects the whole thing)

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

When a new member is added to the list, I add in what they've done or if they support us.

But Serebii's acting screwy at the moment, so I can't get the list atm...

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Come to think of it, most of the information (such as emails from the VAs and stuff) that we have about the VA situation is actually on the SOVA site, under the section: The Situation.

And then, I'm not sure where the rest of the info is......

07-25-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

I found something out about the contracts.

Erica Shcroeder (sp.) was on MOMP voicing Max. But, she also plays Luffy on One Piece.

You see the latest episode of One Piece was on 7/8/2006 and Erica still voiced Luffy.

And, since 4kids dubs One Piece, how can Erica still work there?

I mean she would have already been fired if the contracts hold any truth.

I found the date of the latest One Piece episode on TV.com and found out about Erica from Anime News Network.

So, if this leads to to what I think it leads to then, I found out the truth about the contracts.

This post was last modified: 07-25-2006 11:39 PM by Ash's Pika Pal .

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I think someone has already proved the contracts to be hoaxes...

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

RE:  VA situation

PokemonTrainerLisa Wrote:

Come to think of it, most of the information (such as emails from the VAs and stuff) that we have about the VA situation is actually on the SOVA site, under the section: The Situation.

And then, I'm not sure where the rest of the info is......

I feel like such an idiot. XD Duuh, I shoulda looked on there.

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

LOL, Ashura!!

XD

07-26-2006

Hidden Mew

RE:  VA situation

Ash's Pika Pal Wrote:

I found something out about the contracts.

Erica Shcroeder (sp.) was on MOMP voicing Max. But, she also plays Luffy on One Piece.

You see the latest episode of One Piece was on 7/8/2006 and Erica still voiced Luffy.

And, since 4kids dubs One Piece, how can Erica still work there?

I mean she would have already been fired if the contracts hold any truth.

I found the date of the latest One Piece episode on TV.com and found out about Erica from Anime News Network.

So, if this leads to to what I think it leads to then, I found out the truth about the contracts.

If I'm correct, she was also heard in that clip as Max. She still works there and 4Kids at the same time. I don't think that the issue of the contract was proven, but by being able to work for TAJ studios and 4Kids makes it look like they're isn't anything holding her back in her contract. I believe she also voiced Oliver from that three part Lugia story in Master Quest.

07-26-2006

YumeHeart

This morning I checked Pokemon.com, and saw a new thing about that "Pokemon Party of the Decade" thing that is going to happen at Bryant Park in New York next month. Clicking on the button on the front page brought up information and a commercial thing. Ash says, "They'll be lots of prizes and tons of fun!", and several other things. And it's Veronica Taylor's voice! In addition, the Mike Pollock's voice is in it!

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

OMG!

Ash's original voice is on pokemon.com!?

I've gotta hear that sound clip, YumeHeart!!!! XD

I wonder if this was the JAA commercial that aired a week before JAA happened in my area (my friends, who both saw that commercial, told me that Ash's voice was one of the announcers in the commercial, but since they didn't air the JAA commercial during Pokemon on KidsWB, I did not get to see the commercial, so that made me very sad).

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Wow, it is his original voice. o.o I wonder if it was just recently recorded, or if that was made awhile back for JAA.

07-29-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

I can find info at Serebii branches if that is ok.

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Go on ahead. We need all the information from all the branches most likely anyway. :]

07-29-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Before, I go get the info. does that include how many commercials were made?

I just want to make sure.

Edit. I found some stuff on Serebii Branch, but I haven't got a chance to organize all of it yet.

People who came up with ideas or made audio/video/commercial/Art etc.

People who made commercials/videos/audios, Lightning Topaz (FlamingRuby on Serebii) commercial, Misty4ever video

Lightning Topaz wrote to an Anime Magazine, SOVA group on Youtube

BobHarris89 came up with the hold a rally at PUSA HQ idea

Mimori Kiryu made a petition

Mega Trickster made art for SOVA

Legendary Suicune Girl of Pokemon made R.I.P art

Ash's Pika Pal came up with the News idea and going to spread the word a Pokemon t.c.g league idea. I also found out that Mathew Charles can work for 2 companies (cookie Jar, 4kids) and so can Erica Schroder

Other things that have been said;going to JAA to hand out flyers and spread the word,ask a mod to make a poll,boycotting, SOVA banners, SOVA chat,suggetion of buying and Destroying MOMP DVD

email address feedback@Pokemon.com found by Lightning Topaz

If I missed anything I'm sorry. And, if something isn't needed I'll delete it.

Hope this helps.

This post was last modified: 07-29-2006 09:55 PM by Ash's Pika Pal .

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: