Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Cleaning up Reputation
07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Cleaning up Reputation

Quote:
SOVA was a good idea, that suffered from poor execution, bad planning, emotional bashing, and bridge-burning. Inactive members that can only offer childish flaming, but no solid ideas. And worst of all, SOVA defeated it's own cause... by alienating itself from the Pokémon community. Isn't the point of SOVA to save pokemon? So why is it that it has become a close-knit pack, that attacks all outsiders that might try to bring fresh ideas. SOVA should be converting the 'naysayers' not fleeing from them, and flaming or ignoring them. SOVA was supposed to be about reaching out, now it has become nothing but an egotistical machine of division.

Well, some of it is true, but if we want to do it right, we like need to act like grownups, not children. Pie said that PUSA was not our enemy, but our emotions got in our way. If we want to become successful, we need to clean our image, that means..

• No more bashing PUSA
  • No attacking people
  • Be more active and also gain more members
  • and totally don't go back to our old behavior

If theres a person like WPM that won't change, I simpily suggest to just ignore them. I totally don't want to see SOVA becoming like Firefox zealots. =/

Any ideas to bring some of our members back, besides attacking them?

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 01:46 PM by Haruka.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

RE: Cleaning up Reputation

Calmly explaining the situation. I know on dA, I have a link to the SOVA site in my sig, and I've been asked about it a fair few times, though I don't think any really cared enough to join, though now it's gotten to where I changed my tact, and mentioned that I'm part of SOVA and fighting to get the original english VAs back along with what's happening.

Also, just keeping the links and images up might work a tad bit if we use them on sites that aren't just here and Bulba/Seribii.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

I figured out, from talking to a friend of mine who's overall neutral but leaning towards PUSA's side, that I got through to her more explaining why I was so adamant in this, rather than debating. I can't believe it took me that long to figure it out. I'm honestly burnt-out from debating and defending myself from flames (and, to whoever was quoted in the first post, you don't think that was what we were trying to do all this time?), so much so that I haven't been this stressed, honestly, since I left school five years ago due to illness. Maybe instead of butting heads and countering criticism, we should simply just tell them why we have such strong feelings for this campaign.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

How about explaining that it's not because of the contracts? Just, a thought, because some people think this is because of the contracts.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Sui, you might be on to something there. I know I read on Bulba that someone made a comment about us not knowing why we're doing this...or something along those lines. If we explained our reasons, then they might stop criticizing it and start looking at it from our stand points.

07-26-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

Here's what I said:

"I know....but I won't give up until I know it's over. That's how much they mean to me.....they aren't just a bunch of voices. I've grown to really love them....I've even spoken to Rachael numerous times....they're in a hell of a situation that regardless of who's at fault, they have no say in. They honestly love their work, and their characters. They mean the world to them, and are even a big part of them. You can't find that passion just anywhere....and they're such genuinely good people to boot."

(Shaddup, I use "...." too much, I know. ;p)

There are a lot more reasons why I'm campaigning, but that's a good example of why I am.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 08:13 PM by Sui Kune.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-29-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

but, the fight totally made our reputation go down....

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

07-29-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

That is why we have to make are reputation go back up by not fighting with them any more.
Because, if they see WPM trying to start another fight and we are not involved in it, are reputation might go back up while his reputation will go down.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-30-2006

fruitsmoothierevenge
Wants a TR Jeep

I think one of the best things we can do about this is to listen to all sides. I'm sure that everyone already is, but we have to make sure that people know we are. I think people have the impression that the whole lot of SOVA has blinders on.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: