Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

How do we clean up WPM's mess?
07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

How do we clean up WPM's mess?

I wounder, how are we going to clean up WPM's mess?

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

RE: How do we clean up WPM's mess?

Making a rebuttal to his claims?

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Yeah, what Topaz said, that really is all we can do.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

But the problem is that he is like all talk and all lies, but people aren't realizing that they might be falling for it...

Maybe we should take some of his posts and make PUSA's myths.

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

07-26-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

That's a good idea...

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

The issue is, people will believe what they want to believe. I could say this background is green and not blue, and even though it's provable that it's blue, people could still take my word for it and say it's green.

Though, it could convince a few people. so it'd be worth it to make that.

07-26-2006

Pie
Administrator
Administrator

Visit authors website

Well, there is also the fact that he's only got slightly more evidence for this story than for his previous story, the one which he told me and in a moment of great emotional stress I almost believed.

But I think I best summed that situation (and this one) up in the SOVA thread on Bulbagarden:

Pie on BMGf Wrote:

As for WPM's source, that's who I'm most suspicious of, to be quite honest. Care to hear some of the things which were relayed to me by WPM from that source prior to the special's airing? I was keeping what had been told to me a secret for honor, since I didn't feel it was hurting anyone - but if we're losing gadfly because of what that source said, then it's hurting someone.

The name of the source will be kept secret on my part as well. This is what I was told, and I have the logs to prove it if need be.

The situation supposedly was that PUSA wanted really badly to keep all the original voice actors, and so set out right away to do such. They negotiated, but 4Kids decided to interfere. They pressured the original voice actors into asking for a higher fee than standard - and the original voice actors did thus. PUSA supposedly could not afford this higher asking price, and so, rather than re-negotiate anything, they had to turn to cheaper replacements. They signed contracts with the new voice actors immediately, which were permanent forever and could not be renegotiated no matter what happens period.

Which, you know, coincides perfectly with the fact that we've had a voice actor switch since then, of course.

PUSA was not happy that they had to do this, but they had no other choice but to do this. The rep called up Veronica Taylor and told her about what she had heard, which made Veronica cry. And everything is therefore 4Kids fault and we all have to suffer because 4Kids is pure evil.

And yes, I was gullible enough to swallow every word of that when I first heard it. I'm not a skeptic at heart - and I was under a lot of stress from the campaign itself. But after thinking it over - now do you understand why I decided to be less trusting of what I heard?

And now do you understand why I'm not really listening to WPM right now?

In fact, I think one aspect of this is laughable - in WPM's article, he does not say "This is the situation in its entirety as I heard straight from this source." He says, not verbatim, "I've taken what I've heard from these very different sources and concluded that this must be what happened."

In other words, there's assumption involved. And you know what happens when we assume. This is why I try to keep all cards on the table in my own sleuthing - I'm trying to get the whole picture, find out in which order and which angle things add up on their own.

SOVA

I adopted Pie's Brock Doll from Pokémon Creations!
Adopt yours today!

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yeah, I remember reading that post, Pie.

And I think I found it quite interesting.

Oh, and by the way Pie, just so you know, I was talking to WPM on AIM sometime last month or so, and you know what? He actually gave me the name of his source too.

Of course, it's been so long that I think I've already forgotten what her name was though, lol. XD

07-31-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

The thing is whatever we try to say, he trys to counter that.

And, how do we even know he has a source? He could be lieing.

We don't know when and if he's telling the truth, because he switches his stories way to much. Or PUSA could be making him do this, hmm...
and, he could be getting used.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-31-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Because if he's lying about a source, so is Gadfly, because didn't he say he's talked to the same source? She said WPM was abusing the information she was giving him as far as I remember.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: