Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

PUSA's Myths (The ending of lies and half-truths of PUSA)
07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

PUSA's Myths

Myth (Definition) - "A fiction or half-truth, especially one that forms part of an ideology." While PUSA has contract issues so that they can't get the orginal voice actors, in reality, there is no contract issues.

People would believe anything, especially myths. Purpose of this topic is to resolve the myths by disproving them.

Post anything at people said are lies and post the truth in this format.

Myth Title
Myth/Lie: <insert lie here>
Reality: <insert truth here>

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 02:31 AM by Haruka.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE: PUSA's Myths

Veronica Taylor and PUSA
Myth: Veronica Taylor refused PUSA's offer.
Reality: She was never approached by PUSA.

From SOVA Petition Wrote:
Why do you fans believe anything you read? People have been emailing because there have been post on websites saying I have been approached by Pokemon USA. I have never refused to work on Pokemon. There are so many rumors flying around, all fueled by Pokemon USA no doubt. Due to contrary belief that this is the fault of 4Kids, it is not, 4Kids is still trying to get the show back, Pokemon USA has just decided to do it themselves. I am still hopeful that I get my job back, but since there have not been any attempts to contact the original actors, and there are still auditions being held for sound-alikes its seems very doubtful Regards Veronica

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 08:47 PM by Haruka.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-26-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

PUSA and the Old VA's

Myth: PUSA approached the VAs (which would be the common sense thing to do), 4Kids wouldn't have it, the VAs begged PUSA to get 4Kids to change their contracts, PUSA could not, 4Kids VAs go around and shoot lies to bash PUSA, possibly to "make up" with 4Kids for attempting to sever their ties or to cover up how they went against 4Kids in wanting to work with another company. What part of any of this does not make sense? You assume that PUSA, an entire company, is lying when people have gone and talked to them in person, yet you trust five or so 4Kids VAs, whom you have never met in real life.

Reality: They never got contacted in real life:

maddiejoan at BMGf Wrote:
We were never contacted or approached or asked or any other word you can think of by PUSA or TAJ with any offers to do the show.

period.end of story.

Later, it was the truth all along. Heres the longer and more descriptive proof

Quote:
]PUSA never contacted me. Nor did they contact any of what has been termed "The Big Four." (Though I find the term personally silly --we were just voice actors on what I found an enchanting and delightful anime)

TAJ contacted me to let me know how sorry they were that they were going to use "sound-alikes" for a "sample reel". I was never offered the chance to return as Meowth. They might claim differently --but that's my recollection of the events.

This post was last modified: 07-28-2006 05:49 PM by Haruka.

07-26-2006

YumeHeart

Myth: The new voice actors signed permanent contracts that cannot be renegotiated whatsoever.

Reality: Pokemon USA replaced the new voice actor for Ash, hiring Sarah Natochenny shortly after Mastermind aired. This proves that the contracts are not permanent.

This post was last modified: 07-26-2006 11:41 PM by YumeHeart.

07-26-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Myth: "SOVA was not responsible for the redub. of Mastermind. The only thing SOVA has done for PUSA is give them a big headache."

Reality: We have to be doing something right, because if we haven't done anything right why would WPM make a thread to rebuttle against SOVA?

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 02:34 AM by Haruka.

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

PUSA doesn't care about opinions from fans?

Myth: "You are now the extreme minority, so I doubt PUSA cares anymore about your opinions.

Reality: If PUSA didn't care about their fans opinions and complainments, they wouldn't redub the special and kept the same voice actors prior to the redub. Besides, there are still alot of SOVA members, just a minority gave up mainly because of the spread of rumors...

Also, many people who supported the new voices probally went to the convention then people against the new voices, making it uneven... so you should not even consider who is the minority then.

SOVA and 4Kids

Myth: SOVA wants to bring the dub back to 4kids.

Reality: SOVA has nothing to do with 4kids, it's effort is to bring back the orginal voice actors.

PUSA and 4Kids
Myth: "PUSA took away the rights from 4Kids to dub the show because they asked for too much money, and 4Kids knew they asked for too much money."

Reality: PUSA took away the rights because they thought that the fans want it.

Quote:
As for the reason for the change, it wasn't 4Kids as WPM said, but rather...well...us. He said it was that they thought it was what the fans wanted (I'm presuming because 4Kids is so unpopular). When I told him it was only the editors we wanted gone, he reiterated that we should keep writing in.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 03:10 AM by Haruka.

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Got a feed of new infomation:
4kids/Orginal VA’s Lying?
Myth: 4Kids and the 4Kids VA's are lying to everyone.

Reality: The Original voice actors and 4kids were not lying.

“4) 4Kids can't lie to me about whether or not I was approached. Frankly, they would have had no way of knowing if I had been. Unless you think they tap my phones and e-mail.

5) I'm not lying. What would I have to gain by it?”

Source: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showpost.php?p=255253&postcount=111

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Original Voice Actors and CN
Myth: Original Voice Actors demanded SOVA members to write to SOVA.
Reality: The original Vas did not demand them to write letters to CN.

“I handled CN the way I did out of anger, but I won't apologize for it, and I never "demanded" fans do anything --I only told them what I felt at the time to be the best course for achieving their stated goals.”

07-30-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Myth:"I am contracted to do my Pokemon voices only for 4 kids. I can work for other people, I just can't say "Oh, here's my Officer Jenny voice"-in other words, I'm contracted so I can't play Officer Jenny for anyone else for at least the next three years. This is because my contract expires (assuming I don't sign next year) in one year, and the contract states I can't play Officer Jenny for anyone else without 4kids permission for at least 2 years from contract expiration. So, let's say I lived next door to you and you asked me to go to your birthday party and play Officer Jenny. I wouldn't technically be allowed to... at least I couldn't walk around and say, "Hey listen to me play my Officer Jenny voice". That's how I understand the contract."

Reality: If the original voice actors can't voice their characters with another company because of the contract issue, then how about Pokemon Snap, channel, Hey you Pikachu, Puzzle league, and other Pokemon products? For example, someone on BMG said they had a talking Ash watch, I have a talking Gengar that has Ash's (Veronica's) voice on it, I also seen a picture of a talking Ash. I mean if those products had their voices on them and wasn't by 4kids, then how come they were allowed to do voiceing for another company? They didn't say it had to be on the show they just said they couldn't do the voice they do on 4kids with another company. I mean the one who played Officer Jenny had an example about the birthday party, well that wouldn't of been used for the show.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: