Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »
Fandub? (Should we have a fandub?)
07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Fandub?

Should we have a Fandub like over at Serebii.net? So, the fans who won't be able to stand season 9 can have something in the mean time.

If this is hurting SOVA tell me and I'll delete this thread.

edits and mastering

Haruka

Voice actors

Lightning Topaz, Brock

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 07:53 PM by Ash's Pika Pal .

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

RE: Fandub?

We're currently rethinking doing Mastermind since that got redubbed...so I'm thinking doing a contest episode so I can test my Vivian voice.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Ok, so is it okay to do a fandub on this forum? I want to make sure.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 12:56 AM by Ash's Pika Pal .

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

I soooo totally have Adobe Premiere, so I could edit it and do mastering on it. =p

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I volunteer to voice Brock and Vivian (the contest emcee)

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Ok, so Haruka will do edits and mastering.

And, Lightning Topaz can try out for Brock and Vivian.

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Which source we are totally using, subs???? RAWS???? or regular dubs?

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Not trying to sound like a newbie, but what does subs and RAW mean?

I'm sorry. I don't know that much about this stuff, so if I make a mistake on this, please don't be mad.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 02:16 AM by Ash's Pika Pal .

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Wow, I dunno if I could help dub, though I'd love to. I am not that good at all changing my voice. :\

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I have a Brock tryout line ready to roll, so say the word and I'll stick it here

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  Fandub?

Ash's Pika Pal Wrote:

Not trying to sound like a newbie, but what does subs and RAW mean?

I'm sorry. I don't know that much about this stuff, so if I make a mistake on this, please don't be mad.

SUB - The original Japanese raw episode with hard-subbed English subtitles. Hard-subbed means the subtitles are rendered directly onto the video and cannot be turned off. The filename includes the [SUB] tag in the filename. #PocketMonsters does not release separate external subtitle scripts - no .ass/.ssa/.srt.

07-27-2006

Hidden Mew

RE:  Fandub?

AshuratheTrainer Wrote:

Wow, I dunno if I could help dub, though I'd love to. I am not that good at all changing my voice. :\

Me too. I don't know how I could really help with a fandub. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I should watch a fansub, a fandub, or actually watching the first few episodes of the new season. I keep on going back a forth with these ideas.

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Thanks Haruka

Maybe we could try a reguler dub.

Ok Topaz you can put up your Brock tryout.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 07:35 PM by Ash's Pika Pal .

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Okay, here it is:

http://media.putfile.com/line01

I say "We're almost there, so we'll know soon enough."

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

You need to get your voice just a little bit higher pitched. That and some practice you will do fine. I like it better then the NewBrock's Brock.

But, if your trying to get your own style, then that is fine.

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I was basing it off the Eric version of the voice...that is the standard I aim for in voicing Brock.

If you'd like for me to test a voice for Vivian, tell me.

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Ok, then that is fine Lightning Topaz.

If you want to, go ahead and test a voice for Vivian.

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

First I need a line to test with...

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

I don't really know any of the lines she does, but maybe it could go something like this: Squirtle just used icebeam, ouch that's got to leave a mark.

07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Hmm......

No offense to anyone, but I just don't feel like having a fandub on here would present the right kind of image for SOVA.

Actually, come to think of it, I have the same opinion on this that Pie has.

And she originally made this one post on the SOVA thread on BMGf, but I can't quote what Pie said, because they are changing the server on Bulbagarden right now.

Anyway, I understand the fact that you guys want to do this for all of the people who can't put it up with all those terrible new voices for season 9.  However, I'm not quite sure how many people would actually watch a fandub, instead of like Japanese episodes or subs.

I mean, in my opinion, a fandub is okay.  Though, in a way, it just seems like we'd be doing the same thing Pokemon USA is doing, by having different people do the voices for the characters.  And in my opinion, I just don't think that's a good representation for SOVA, because what we all want most of all is to the get the original VAs back for season 9.

However, if you guys still want to have a fandub, that is fine with me.  It could just be a 'temporary' thing I guess, until we get the original VAs back and everything.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 08:52 PM by PokemonTrainerLisa.

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: