Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last »
Fandub? (Should we have a fandub?)
07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE: Fandub?

This might be SOVA unrelated, can we sooo totally move it to other discussion?

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yes, I would definitely do that, Haruka.

Making a fandub has nothing to do with SOVA. So yeah, just go ahead and move it to the Other Discussion forum.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

XD;; Lisa, you should be able to do that...meh, I moved it.

07-27-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Is making a fandub a bad idea? Since, we still have the one at Serebii.net and Japanese episodes, should I just delete this thread?

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

it's not a entirely a bad idea, but don't delete anything... only lock..

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

or I could say one of the Stadium 2 commentator lines....

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Eh?

07-28-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

You know, what the commentator on Pokemon Stadium 2 says? What are some good lines from there I could say to test a Vivian voice?

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

Hidden Mew

RE:  Fandub?

PokemonTrainerLisa Wrote:

Hmm......

No offense to anyone, but I just don't feel like having a fandub on here would present the right kind of image for SOVA.

Actually, come to think of it, I have the same opinion on this that Pie has.

And she originally made this one post on the SOVA thread on BMGf, but I can't quote what Pie said, because they are changing the server on Bulbagarden right now.

Anyway, I understand the fact that you guys want to do this for all of the people who can't put it up with all those terrible new voices for season 9. However, I'm not quite sure how many people would actually watch a fandub, instead of like Japanese episodes or subs.

I mean, in my opinion, a fandub is okay. Though, in a way, it just seems like we'd be doing the same thing Pokemon USA is doing, by having different people do the voices for the characters. And in my opinion, I just don't think that's a good representation for SOVA, because what we all want most of all is to the get the original VAs back for season 9.

However, if you guys still want to have a fandub, that is fine with me. It could just be a 'temporary' thing I guess, until we get the original VAs back and everything.

I completely hear what you're saying, even though this thread has already moved. I'm still up in the air of what I'll be watching this fall. Its like one moment I'm set on watching the first couple of episodes and then I'm thinking of watching a fansub. You also bring a really good point about PUSA. It is like a tug of war in my head in the decsion of what to watch this fall.

07-31-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Now I know what you mean, if someone else wants to they can take charge of this fandub, now that I understand what you guys are talking about.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

Pages (2): « First « 1 [2] Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: