Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last »
SOVA: The Magical Girl series?
07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

SOVA: The Magical Girl series?

If we were to turn my SOVA drama into something like a magical girl series, how would that work?

First of all, we need to discuss:

--who's on the team
--our magical items
--how the transformations work
--what element our attacks are (I have an anime power generator to generate ideas for attacks)

Any thoughts?

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE: SOVA: The Magical Girl series?

Oh, you mean Lily from Pokémon... This pic will soo totally remind you...

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 08:46 PM by Haruka.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

-shifty look- Well, do we go off pokemon elements, or do we make new ones up? If we go with pokemon, I could go with Dark/Shadow. I imagine that all of the branch owners would be in the team, I hope I could be, most likely Lisa, you.. o.0

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I'm thinking you me, the VAs and a few others on the team vs. the naysayers and people like WPM in a Sailor Moon-esque story

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Alright, so that'd be about...what, 8-10 of us, on a rough guess? Not counting the naysayer side, just our side. XD And each of us needs an element, a item and attacks, and a transformation?

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I've got the attack ideas covered, first we need to determine elementals. once we determine who is what elemental, I can start generating attack ideas.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 09:27 PM by LightningTopaz.

07-27-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

*sudden mental image of Eric as a Bard or Dragoon and Maddie as a Berserker*

....yeah, I play too many RPGs. X3 But I'm growing really fond of this idea, mostly since I've been bored out of my mind and personally, really love the idea of roasting the extremely-snippy naysayers to a crisp with a Lina-esque Fireball.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Eric could have the ability to sing to damage enemies...

but we first need to determine elementals...

Me: Lightning, natch.

07-27-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

I like totally never played RPG's like Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts before, so I would sooo totally not know.

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 09:39 PM by Haruka.

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

usually on a magical girl team, each person's attack is of a certain elemental (i.e. water, fire, earth, wind, lightning, etc.)

Here's some ideas for my attacks for you to consider:

Thunder Blaze
Electro Blaster
Electric Illusion (defense)

07-27-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

FF9's a good place to start. I also highly recommend Valkyrie Profile (yet again). Anyway, back to topic. X3

I really could see Eric singing in battle. (Bard). Generally, Bards sing for either afflicting status effects on enemies, upping the party's stats (such as Evasion, Attack, etc.), or even damaging the enemy. The latter tends to be on the weak side sadly, but what could be more useful than putting an enemy to sleep?

And Fire seems to be the element fitting me most, even though I'm not only afraid of fire, but am extremely intolerant to heat. (Maybe it's since I'm "hot-blooded", I do have a lot of tolerance to cold....) So either Fire or Ice could suit me.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Let's give you ice...

::brings up attack generator::

Winter Lance
Cold Flash (freezes the target)
Freezing Chill

Like those?

07-27-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

Kick-ass! X3 I love those! Ice definitely for me then!

- Maddie Blaustein

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

I could go for either Dark or Water, though I'd prefer the former over the later. I do have a list of attacks for it that I made up a while ago, that I can pick out of...or post and you could pick out of, since it has descriptions of them and not just names.>>

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Okay, let's see them before I generate some ideas

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Alright! Just to note, most of the attacks I made for DArk/Shadow I coupled with Electric when I made them/found them, kinda like a Dark Lightning type of thing, though I think in most of these cases it could be played with to take that out:

Attack: Shadow Bolt
Type: Shadow/Electric
Description: drk electricity gathered around body and becomes a deadly bolt of destructive energy.

Attack: Dark Shock
Description: A thin bolt of black lightning is shot out. Although weak looking, the bolt is incredibly powerful. Can also cause chemical reactions when in contact with fire

Attack : Electric Shield
Type: Electric/Shadow
Description: A barrier of dark-blue electro-magnetic energy is generated. Stops all physical and most elemental attacks.

Attack: Dark Lightning Slash
Type: Shadow/Electric/Fighting/Flying
Description: The Shadow version of the Lightning Slash, it must be performed subsequent to Pikachu's Shadow Blade. For all intents and purposes, this attack is also a Shadow Slice, however the area of effect and range is much more powerful.

Attack: Dark Veil
Type: Shadow
Description: A thick black mist that can’t be seen through covers the enemy. If it gets into their eyes, they can be blinded for several minutes.

Attack: Shadow Wave
Description: The enemy is immobilized when they are hit with a strong wave of shadow electricity.

Attack: Dark Energy Kick
Type: Shadow/Electric/Fighting
Descriptions: When Shadow energy charges his boots, Ashura does a sharp kick at the side of the enemy’s head, knocking them unconscious.

Attack: Dark Allies
Type: Shadow/Ghost/Psychic
Description: The target is forced to turn against their allies for as long as it lasts.

Attack: Murdering Shadow
Type: Shadow
Description: The target is enveloped by shadow, which sucks the life force out of them, killing them.

Attack: Shadow Levitation
Type: Flying/Shadow
Description: A disc of shadow is created and used for transportation. At a high enough velocity, more shadow energy is released to completely cover itself so that it resembles a black comet.

Attack : Dark Lightning Apocalypse
Description: Ultimate attack. A beam of shadow electrical energy is fired in a sphere around Pikachu and its Master which is launched upwards. Then the lightning gathers energy from the clouds then falls back to earth falling in a surrounding radius of 1 mile all around the point of activation. Anything within this radius is completely destroyed.

EDIT: I might of also made up attacks for other elements, but I'll have to look for that file.

This post was last modified: 07-27-2006 10:15 PM by AshuratheTrainer.

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Shadow Bolt sounds good, but here's some other suggestions:

Dark Beam
Ebony Fusion (used to disguise yourself as the enemy)
Midnight Eclipse

07-27-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

So it could be Shadow Bolt, Ebony Fusion (Midnight Fusion?), and perhaps Levitation, since that we can make that into an attack rather then transportation. What does Dark Beam and Midnight Eclipse do, or does the generator just give the name? I know some of them give details for each one.

07-27-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Dark Beam is offensive, and Midnight Eclipse is defensive

Also some videos of possible transformations to base ours on:

Motto Ojamajo Doremi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbVO_yP91jM
Powerpuff Girls Z: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ozj_cdIq5U
Pretty Cure Splash Star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Woz7Dk5KU
Sailor Moon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvYktOY0t5E
Tokyo Mew Mew(idea for Maddie): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnUCbl9hWGg

07-27-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

God I love Tokyo Mew Mew. *.* I do wish there were at least subbed dvds available, it got the One Piece treatment, which makes Sui sad.

- Maddie Blaustein

Pages (3): « First [1] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: