Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Contacting PUSA and 4Kids
07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Contacting PUSA and 4Kids

Alright, since this too was brought up, might as well post about it.

How should we go about this? Contacting PUSA by normal means will most likely only get us a smart ass remark in the mailbag, as they seem quite fond of those. (Pikachu suit letter, anyone?)

Now, we need to figure out what exactly to say to both. Ask what happened, about the clause, about the VAs?

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

RE: Contacting PUSA and 4Kids

Those are all good ideas, but also reiterate that the old VAs were perfect for their characters, etc.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

It might also help if the letter also includes letters from the VAs. Has anyone given them a link to this forum?

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I'll ask Pie on BMG if she could post her collection of letters from the VAs...

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-25-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

I can post a link to this forum in the Rachael-club, there are SOVA-supporters there, as well as Rachael herself semi-frequenting, although she hasn't posted in a while like Maddie hasn't until very recently. This could possibly be a forum she could feel safe enough to post in, as the reason she avoids Serebii and such is because of the high tensions and extremely rude people. She also admires Maddie a lot for braving Serebii and Bulbaforums.

This post was last modified: 07-25-2006 08:30 PM by Sui Kune.

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Well, by all means tell them, Veronica, and Eric too!

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

RE:  Contacting PUSA and 4Kids

Sui Kune Wrote:

I can post a link to this forum in the Rachael-club, there are SOVA-supporters there, as well as Rachael herself semi-frequenting, although she hasn't posted in a while like Maddie hasn't until very recently. This could possibly be a forum she could feel safe enough to post in, as the reason she avoids Serebii and such is because of the high tensions and extremely rude people. She also admires Maddie a lot for braving Serebii and Bulbaforums.

Yes, please, do tell them. It'll be good if they all could sign up here.

07-25-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

RE:   Contacting PUSA and 4Kids

AshuratheTrainer Wrote:
Yes, please, do tell them. It'll be good if they all could sign up here.

Only Rachael semi-frequents the Rachael-club. ^^;; I did put the link up there, and I'm betting Maddie could find her way here if she follows the LJ link in the Bulba SOVA thread that has the link here posted in it. Of course, there's always the chance that Rachael could tell the others if she sees it, so who knows. If someone could email Veronica, that could work too, as she seems to answer her emails frequently.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

She most likely will, though it might take a bit of time unless she's posting again. Does Eric answer his e-mail often, or no?

07-25-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

RE:  Contacting PUSA and 4Kids

AshuratheTrainer Wrote:

She most likely will, though it might take a bit of time unless she's posting again. Does Eric answer his e-mail often, or no?

I think sometimes it depends. For instance, on his MySpace, he answered a message I sent him quite promptly. A day or so later, when Pie messaged him, he didn't. I bet it all depends on how busy he is. He's a real wild card in that sense, when it comes to answering. It might also mean that he's a bit shyer than the others.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein

07-25-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yeah, I could definitely send Veronica an email about these new forums!

And I'm sure she wouldn't mind talking on these forums, seeing as how there are no purists, 4Kids haters, and best of all no naysayers here. ^^

Although, that is a good question, how exactly could we go about contacting Pokemon USA and 4Kids?

Pokemon USA are the ones who we've trying to reach since the beginning, whether or not we've had any impact on them, I have no idea.

And about 4Kids, well, we could speak to the VAs about different things, and then maybe they could tell Michael and/or Norman about what we say?

Also, I still think trying to get SOVA on a talk show would be a really great idea. And then most of us could be on the show (along with Pie of course), and maybe if the talk show does accept us, they could somehow get one or a few of the VAs to go on the show as well? I think that would be awesome.

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I just picture the VAs doing a skit where their characters react to their new voices on a talk show...with the recurring line being "I sound like WHAT???"

This post was last modified: 07-25-2006 11:30 PM by LightningTopaz.

07-25-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

LOL, LT!! XD

Hehe, that would be hilarious. ^^

Aww, poor Ash, and the other characters. XD

That would be like a nightmare for them, cause it would be like "The Case Of The K-9 Caper", only MUCH worse!!!!

07-25-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

That would be hilarious, LightningTopaz! X3 I could especially imagine Brock's reaction.

Brock:.....now I'll never get a girl! T__T I sound like a disgusting pervert!

- Maddie Blaustein

07-25-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

Well, the VAs would be off camera, and someone could say something to the effect of "When we asked the characters to listen to their new voices, this is what they said..."

Then have the VAs appear onstage at the end.

SAY... ::goes to write it::

07-25-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Stop giving me ideas, people. XD -wants to write a fanfiction with that now. -snickers- XD Though would be amusing though. >>

07-26-2006

PokemonTrainerLisa
Ash lover
Super Moderator

Yeah, that was really funny!!

LOL. XD

But, anyway, we should really get back on topic though. ^^o

So, has anyone thought of anything else yet, regarding contacting Pokemon USA and 4Kids?

07-26-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Well, I went onto the 4Kids website to see if there was a way to contact them, since I want to avoid having to need the VAs to be the middle man between us and 4Kids and/or PUSA, but couldn't find anything. :\

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Eh, yeah. I just posted in the SOVA thread at BMG asking if gadfly might be able to or willing to help us get in contact with PUSA. >_>

07-30-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

I found a phone number so we can contact 4Kids 212-590-2100

edit. I also found PUSA's phone number 646-497-0400

and some extra info. for PUSA

400 Madision Ave Fl 21
New York NY 10017-8901

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

This post was last modified: 07-31-2006 09:43 PM by Ash's Pika Pal .

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: