Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »
Near-constant stress
07-28-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

Near-constant stress

(I'm unsure if this belonged in the SOVA discussion forum or not, so I just put it here.)

Everyday, I habitually get online, checking all the forums I frequent multiple times a day. One of these forums is the Bulbaforums, and lately, it's been eating away at me more and more recently.

I keep telling myself not to go into the Anime section and view the thread WPM made pretty much solely for taking out his biased vendetta against SOVA, yet I still do. Somehow drawn to it like a moth to a flame. And each time I read it....I feel like I'm going to be sick, either from anger, or just plain being insulted. Sometimes I'm on the brink of crying. Others I just want to just plain tell WPM to go to hell, but I know I can't stoop to his level. No matter how much I try to ignore it, I can't. I just can't....and it's driving me up the wall.

For any of you unaware of my situation, as I generally only talk about it to close friends, I'll tell you now. For five years now I've been ill with an illness that causes severe, debilitating fatigue. I can't so much as stand for more than fifteen or so minutes without having to sit down, and I wear out very easily. The cause of this remains a complete mystery, along with somehow being completely unable to eat most foods, which is obviously causing me a lack of nutrition. I'm also almost completely homebound; I'm lucky to even leave the house once a week. I have no real-life friends to keep me company. I often waver in and out of depression due to loneliness and just plain being sick of not being able to have the energy to do what I want.

Now, how this plays into what's been happening lately is....stress makes me worse. Stress makes me wear out a lot faster. Stress makes my depression more frequent and unstable. Thus, you have one frazzled Sui. I can't debate often since it wears me out, and not to mention if I so much as blink the other side'll pick apart everything I say and go in for the kill. I want so bad to spell out things for WPM as eloquently and convincing as Pie, but I just.....can't. I just want WPM and everyone to leave us alone. I'm sick of the fighting, the debating. I'm sick of hearing something I care about being insulted, ridiculed, and laughed at left and right. I want to enjoy getting online again, as it's my only real way of making and talking to friends.

I'm not saying this to be an attention-whore, hell, I'm constantly afraid of being called that, but just so you guys can tell me what I should do to help me control my stress. Should I stop going to Bulbaforums altogether? Please tell me what you think.

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE: Near-constant stress

WPM fighting is totally not going to solve anything, and he remains to post these posts. I think we should just ignore him, add him to the ignore list...

I merely totally told him to stop for his own good, but he still continues.... not realizing that his posts are causing stress. If WPM wanted more respect and not have his website bashed, he should stop posting news and posts at forums totally telling us to stop the organization.

Crossover Pokedex Project - My LiveJournal/Blog
Fanfiction.net -Pokeblog - Save the VA LJ Community
Supporter of: Pokéshipping and Contestshipping

Omigosh, Mayley loves you! =O (FYI: Harley + May = Mayley)

This post was last modified: 07-28-2006 12:53 PM by Haruka.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

Yeah, I know Bulbagarden is giving me issues right now. Even though it is no where near as severe as that, what I do to help ease my stress over most of BMG being in that thread is that I remind myself there are people there that, as far as I've seen, hasn't jumped on the 'give up' band wagon. You guys, Barb, Fabu, MistyRocks, etc, and remembering that makes me feel better about it.

I'd also not go on Bulbagarden all that often. I used to go on it constantly, though I only go on a few times a day to check a few things (including that thread, unfortunately)

And yeah. If WPM had stated his opinions ("Alright. I think SOVA has no chance because of this this and this.") in a way that didn't offend, I'd respect him, especially if he left it at that. But he didn't, which brought it down a notch.

And something I'll most likely bring up in the SOVAcast, if he has this connections with 4Kids people and PUSA, why doesn't he, instead of *****ing and saying how we haven't even contacted them (and since he probably knwo how we are going to attempt to because of the other thread), come to us, and offer to help us contact those connections unless there was something to hide? If what he has been saying was the truth all along, they lessing us hear it directly from the source would actually lend his story support.

This post was last modified: 07-28-2006 05:48 PM by AshuratheTrainer.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Also, I had to protect the forum so WPM won't be spying on us.... If you are totally logged off, you can only see annoucements and rules forums

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

That might not be such a good idea. Even though it protects what we're doing here, it could also exclude alot of people that haven't joined the forum and any potentionals that want to look around first.

07-28-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

Thanks, guys....I think I will be staying away from Bulbaforums for a while. I'm also very glad that you have the forums protected, Haruka, or else who knows what WPM would think of this if he saw it. I shudder when I think about it. @@

And you bring up a very good point, Ashura. I also suspect that he hasn't offered to help us contact them since because of either his absolute need to never be proved wrong, it would kill one of his big arguments against us, or he just flat-out refuses to help us since he apparently thinks we'll "humiliate" the Pokecommunity.

Edit: And another good point, Ashura. Maybe we should keep the rest of the forums unhidden but have a special "protected" section for things we really don't want WPM to see?

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein

This post was last modified: 07-28-2006 06:21 PM by Sui Kune.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

We could password protect the SOVA area, and have people PM us to get the password

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  Near-constant stress

LightningTopaz Wrote:

We could password protect the SOVA area, and have people PM us to get the password

Not needed, anyways, the SOVA Discussion forum and Misc Cat is hidden from public

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

It could be that the PRojects forum and transcript forum is hidden, but the SOVA Discussion isn't, as that is really things that they either know already, and don't know and it could prove to our favor if they know.

And that is exactly my point, Sui. I also wonder about these people he's talked to. Is there any proof he actually has besides him saying "I've talked to PUSA/I've talked to this person/I've talked to that person"?

07-28-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

RE:  Near-constant stress

AshuratheTrainer Wrote:

It could be that the PRojects forum and transcript forum is hidden, but the SOVA Discussion isn't, as that is really things that they either know already, and don't know and it could prove to our favor if they know.

And that is exactly my point, Sui.  I also wonder about these people he's talked to.  Is there any proof he actually has besides him saying "I've talked to PUSA/I've talked to this person/I've talked to that person"?

already hided these forums... and unhided SOVA Discussion

07-28-2006

Hidden Mew

I know how you feel too, Sui Kune. All of the negative energy from people like WPM who only want to bother those involved in SOVA just makes me feel drained inside and its like I can't do much of anything for a long time until that empty feeling inside just goes away. I have Asperger's Syndrome, which makes me more sensitive than possibly many other people, along with many other things that I won't go into right now. I really feel bad inside when people just tell people in SOVA to just give up in really mean words. I mostly go to Serebii and they usually leave SOVA members alone, except for when new people talked about it on the Anime section and that horrible New Voices thread. At least they left us alone in the SOVA club, unlike the one at Bulbaforms where every couple of pages someone would say really negative things to us. The only reason that I went to Bulbaforums was because of the club, but I don't think I'll go there that much now with this safe website. I think you're choice not to go to Bulbaforms is a good one. Sometimes, the negativity is just too strong and too painful for anyone to handle. I'm glad that this website is protected because some of the naysayers could try and say the same bad message to us again.

07-29-2006

YumeHeart

Aww, Sui, I can totally understand how you feel. I keep telling myself that I won't go to Bulbagarden, that I won't look in the anime section, that I won't look at that thread, and yet I am drawn to reading it. It upsets me too, and I'm so tired of this fighting. For anything that you believe in, there's always going to be someone out there who will put you down for it. So many people like to pick fights, and parade around claiming their side the winner to build up their own ego. This whole SOVA thing never should have turned into the fight that it did. So we want the orignal cast back. We're not hurting anyone. Don't let it get you down.

This whole thing kind of reminds me of something that I went through many years ago. My next door neighbor (It's a long story. Really.) was singlehandedly trying to stop Pokemon fandom. She had read all those crazy stories about how it brainwashes kids' minds and such. Anyway, she would sit at her computer and send out 400 e-mails a night, trying to get groups together to get the show canceled in the US, get the games banned, etc. And here I was. And it was really hard on me, because here my next door neighbor was trying to destroy something that I love! It upset me a lot. But I had to keep ignoring it, because any energy I wasted fighting did me no good. I put it out of my mind, and things settled down. Only a few months later, she moved.

Things are going to settle down at Bulbagarden too. Personally, I believe they'll settle down when the season actually airs and people realize that things aren't as perfect as they were expecting them to be. Little things like this CAN be really upsetting, but just keep trying to ignore the fighting and focus on what we can achieve.

07-29-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I made it perfectly clear in the Serebii SOVA thread that "If you do not support the campaign, do not post." I'm amazed that I haven't had any trouble over there...is there something similar in the BMG branch?

YumeHeart: It was people like that that forced me to become a closet trainer, if you will, back in the day...

This post was last modified: 07-29-2006 12:50 AM by LightningTopaz.

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yes, Yume, you are exactly right. Thing'll settle down, and if fate is turning to our side, they'll most likely be realizing they aren't getting the deal they thought they were.

And honestly, I've a feeling some of us need this. There's this song I'm listening to, it makes me feel better, and unless you utterly despise contry music, it might help some of you. :]

Lyrics: http://artists.letssingit.com/rodney-atkins-if-youre-going-through-hell-bbmxmlw

The song itself: http://h1.ripway.com/OceanBreeze/RodneyAdkins-IfYoureGoingThroughHellmp3

07-29-2006

Misty Lover17

Things have been hard recently. Many people have been hard on of all you.

Also, from what can basiclly be said from what all I've seen........

Archaic is an ass

The Big Al is a biest anti-4Kids idiot who thinks they've done bad with Pokemon and many of their other shows.

I think there's more, but I think that's basiclly I think of them. I wish they'd just leave everyone alone.

Thing is, they're not going to change anything of what I think of the show.

07-29-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

Even though he is putting us under a lot of stress, we can't give up.

That is what he wants us to do, put us under a lot of stress and discourage us.

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yes, and that's probably why he started the SOVA thread on BMG. He wants for us to give up and quit so desperately....I have to really wonder as to why, since we aren't hurting anyone. x.X

07-29-2006

Ash's Pika Pal
SOVA supporter

IMO I think he is put up to something by PUSA, why else would they butter him up wth plushes galore at Comic-Con and why would they need a random webmaster?

As long as there is still hope, SOVA will always have a chance.                                                                   

Thanks Bulbagarden for the banner

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

That's what I'm wondering. He is a no-body to them, just like I am, just like you are, and just like Archiac, Pie, and any other webmaster and member. We're nobodies. We don't work for them.

So why butter him up? Hm. To get a good report on his site? Yet, why? Why just him? Why not butter up all of us...especially SOVA!.....and just him? It makes no sense.

It could also be him trying to save face. If we're right, if we prove it it'll, in the end, just make him look like a *******. Who knows though, there's too little information to go off without our guesses being total assumptions or speculation.

07-29-2006

Haruka
Pokémon Coordinatior
Administrator

Well, this might be true, but WPM could be indeed being used or being lied by PUSA, but I totally don't know... But still, I'm totally not giving up.

This post was last modified: 07-29-2006 11:53 PM by Haruka.

Pages (2): « First [1] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: