Forums moved to http://www.jpgarden.profusehost.net/forums/index.php, you need to reregister. This forum is read only.

-blinks- Hey, did any of you get this?
07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Ash's favourite destroyer
Super Moderator

-blinks- Hey, did any of you get this?

I mean for those with LJ accounts, or even on Bulba:

Perhaps now, SOVA will double it's focuses... All the energy was spent bashing PUSA and running on pure emotion... when you'll notice that even the 4Kids VA's themselves have not gone so far to bash PUSA. I said time and again that no harm could come from contacting 4Kids, it would probably clear matters up, but did anyone listen? No. Now here we stand, seeing that all of SOVA has mustered 200 letters, and zero aimed at 4Kids.
Season nine is like 15 episode in dubwise, 4Kids is working on it's other projects, and has probably set Maddie, Veronica, Eric and Racheal to work on voicing.

The new forum is run by a few die-hard zealots, (The most emotional, and therefor the least equipped members to deal and look at things logically) with nothing but bad, and worse ideas... SOVA is down to 12 members, not a one of them thinking logically about how to spread the word, instead seeking to garner fame and recognition for the group through some unlikely tactics. I'm sorry, but no news outlet worth it's salt would run a SOVA story, not even as a fluff piece. The information is scattered, SOVA does not seem to be a logical, well-orginized and mature group, and SOVA only has half the story. (Nothing from 4Kids at all) Any news outlet that run a SOVA piece would become a laughing-stock, and at worse be cancelled.

SOVA was a good idea, that suffered from poor execution, bad planning, emotional bashing, and bridge-burning. Inactive members that can only offer childish flaming, but no solid ideas. And worst of all, SOVA defeated it's own cause... by alienating itself from the Pokémon community. Isn't the point of SOVA to save pokemon? So why is it that it has become a close-knit pack, that attacks all outsiders that might try to bring fresh ideas. SOVA should be converting the 'naysayers' not fleeing from them, and flaming or ignoring them. SOVA was supposed to be about reaching out, now it has become nothing but an egotistical machine of division.

I just checked my LJ, and on a thing I wrote a few days back when I was pissed off, this was in the comments. I know a bunch of this I've seen stated one way or another on Bulba.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

Hidden Mew

RE: -blinks- Hey, did any of you get this?

I'm not sure what this means. Is this just another one of those naysayer who just hates SOVA because its SOVA? Or is it something actually nice? At the begining, it looked too negative and I didn't bother reading the whole thing.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Send the author an email Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

It sounds like something a naysayer would say....but it does contain an interesting idea: Convince the naysayers to our side...

Of course, some of them are to far gone to be convinced...

This post was last modified: 07-28-2006 10:17 PM by LightningTopaz.

Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

I don't know what it means either. It just bothers me that someone went through to find my LJ and post that. Even though the journal post involved SOVA (and the situation), it bothers me that for some reason, someone went to the trouble of finding it (which would have meant going on the LJ for sova, going into the member list, picking it out....), and either looked at just the right time that I had made that post, or someone was monitering it. x.x Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but......

07-28-2006

Sui Kune
Valkyrie Profile Addict
SOVAcast Staff

That post looks very, very familiar. I really can't put my finger on it....I know I've seen it somewhere before....

"In a strange way we're all very much like the characters we play. Veronica is very compassionate and determined all at the same time. Rachael is very much both Misty and Jessie. She can be very sweet until she's pushed too far. Eric is Brock. He's exactly Brock. It's scary how much like the characters we are. I don't know if we've become them --or they've become us."
- Maddie Blaustein
Send the author a private message Find all posts by this author Quote this message in a reply

07-28-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

Yeah, the beginning paragraph looks familar. o.0 Could it be WPM that posted it? Because on the LJ, it was unsigned.

07-29-2006

Hidden Mew

RE:  -blinks- Hey, did any of you get this?

LightningTopaz Wrote:

It sounds like something a naysayer would say....but it does contain an interesting idea: Convince the naysayers to our side...

Of course, some of them are to far gone to be convinced...

I agree. I believe that most of the naysayers are those who seriously dislike 4Kids and still think that we want Pokemon to go back to 4Kids when we really just want to have the original cast back. I also understand why AshuratheTrainer would be upset since this person would have to do all of that just to put this message on LJ.

07-29-2006

LightningTopaz
Pokemon Mistress
SOVA Branch Founder

I checked my LJ, especially the entry when the old version of Mastermind aired...and I never got a single comment.

07-29-2006

AshuratheTrainer
Super Moderator

T_T Thank you Mew. Seriously, I knew when I made that thing it'd be public and anyone could read and comment, I meant for it to be that way so those that don't have an LJ account but still want to know what's going on with me could see, but even so, that's my safe spot where I can rip into something without being yelled at....in this case, it was about the naysayers and the situation with SOVA.

I needed my release, and since going out in the backyard and screaming at the top of my lungs wasn't an option and neither was beating the snot out of someone or something, blowing steam on that was the next best thing. And someone had the nerve to go in and comment with that, in my space. On Bulba? Fine. That's their perogitive, and even if someone noted/PMed me with it, I'd go with it, that's not my private space. But what they did was the equivalent of a teacher driving to my house and snapping at me for something going on at school. It's BS, and I don't like it.

But I knew I'd get trouble for being in SOVA eventually, and I'll take it for it. I can live with it, especially because it's for the sake of something I care about so much.

edit: What the heck man.. o.0 So this is the only one?

This post was last modified: 07-29-2006 12:39 AM by AshuratheTrainer.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Threaded Mode | Linear Mode

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: