Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10th Anniversary Special and Sound-a-likes
Source: SOVA

Entry by Eric Stuart on the www.ericstuart.com guestbook
Quote:Name: eric Stuart
E-mail address: es101867@aol.com
Homepage URL: http://
Comments: URGENT: IT SEEMS THAT POKEMON USA IS IT'S INFINITE GREED HAS DECIDED TO TAKE POKEMON AND RE-CAST ALL OF THE ORIGINAL STARS TO SAVE MONEY. THEY PLAN ON RECORDING A 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL WITH ALL NEW ACTORS AS WELL AS DOING THE NEXT SEASON WITH NEW ACTORS. THEY FEEL THAT THE VOICES DON'T MATTER AND THAT TAJ PRODUCTIONS CAN DO THE SAME QUALITY OF WORK THAT 4 KIDS HAS DONE.

WRITE THE WB-WRITE THE FAN SITES. 4 KIDS TRIED TO SAVE THE SHOW BUT POKEMON USA IS MORE INTERESTED IN THEIR WALLETS THAN THE QUALITY OF THE SHOW. THE FANS MUST SPEAK UP!!!!!

ARE YOUR READY FOR A NEW ASH, BROCK, MAY, MAX, JAMES, JESSIE AND MEOWTH?!!!
E-mail to PPNSteve from Eric Stuart
Quote:Pokemon USA has decided that it's too expensive to use 4Kids and the actors that have made Pokemon the TV show such a success for the last 10 years. They have 'behind our backs' re-cast the show with 'sound-a-likes' to try to save money. They acutally believe the fans don't care. They are starting with the 10 year anniversary special-starring all new voices. The main cast, me included, has taken a lot of pride in the characters we have helped to create. To change now, on the last season, based on greed is a sad example of what big buisness kids marketing really is.

Please spread the word-maybe some fan buzz can stop this tragedy.

Eric 'Brock & James" Stuart

Quote:-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 18:05
To: webmaster@pokemonpalace.net
Subject: Re: FW: The PokéCommunity Forums Contact Us Form - Pokemon Urgent news

hey Steve-
Thanks for your note. Unfortunately this is all too true. Pokemon USA recently informed us that they are dubbing the Anniversary special with sound alikes. They are not sure about the next season. None of us (actors, script writers, etc.) have even been asked to continue working on the show. They have not even attempted to negotiate with 4kids. They say that the show will be exactly the same even though they are replacing all the elements and using all new people totally unfamiliar with the project. We are all extremely upset about this turn of events as we care so much about the show and have no say in the matter whatsoever. I am hoping that if enough people write to Pokemon USA and express their dismay, we may right this wrong before it is too late! Spread the word!
Thanks for your concern.
Veronica

Message by Rachael Lillis on The Incredible Rachael Lillis Yahoo Usergroup
Quote:From: "rlil2001"
Date: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:16 pm
Subject: More about rumors rlil2001

Interesting that we just had a discussion about rumors.

Apparently the new voice of Brock posted on Serebii's message board. I can't not look at the boards, I guess. It's like a car wreck. I might register with this message board myself just to reply to this. This is just making me angrier. (yes, I know who this person is) Just the first part of the message is posted here since I don't have time to respond to the whole thing right now.

------------

"Hello everyone,

I am hesitant to post here as I fear that many of you are greatly upset with what you heard from this weekend's special, but I feel that someone from the new group of VAs must speak up.

Please understand that during this tough transitional time, the new voice actors that are working on Pokemon are trying their best to fill some very big shoes. In the past, I have had the opportunity to speak with many of the original Pokemon actors. They are terrific, talented people and I have a great respect for all the work that they have done in these past eight years to bring Pokemon to television, movies, etc. Unfortunately, due to the contracts that these actors have signed with 4Kids, they are no longer able to work on Pokemon. So, no matter what letter writing campaigns you start, these actors will not be allowed to work on Pokemon outside of the 4Kids studios."

-----------

(snipped)

This person does not speak for us and does not know our business or the specifics of why we aren't doing the show. The contracts do not per se prevent us from doing the show. It was that _no one even appoached us to do it, no negotiations, nothing, was done to allow the possbility._ The contract is not impermeable in this fashion, and this VA has no idea what he's talking about. That's why all of this is very shady and why I'm very angry.

URGH. This is one headache of an example of rumors.

He wrote more, but I have to go. I just wanted to clear this up here. This person should not be speaking for anyone, especially what isn't true.

Post by Maddie Blaustein on Serebii.net Forums
Quote:Maddie Blaustein here.

Thanks for everybody's concern about the old Pokemon Cast (I cant believe I have to write it as the "Old" Cast)

anyways -- Rachel's post is quite correct --there was never any offer to the old cast to continue our work on Pokemon. To say I'm heartbroken that I can't perform as Meowth any more is an understatement.

Heck, my parrot says "Dat's Right"!

No doubt any conflicts between what the original cast might say and the new cast might say is all from what we are told.

To those of you who have appreciated my work, I'm not dead yet! There will be other shows that I (and the rest of the OVA of Pokemon) will be on. and I do hope you'll look for us there

Meowth will always always be the closest to my heart and I just want to thank all of you that have enjoyed watching him these last 8 years.

FWIW I actually didn't think the new Meowth was all that bad, Just needs to be able to sweetin' him up when needed. Meowth has a soft spot --but then it wasn't really called for in the special.

Blaustein Off!

Maddie
Bulbanews:
Proof: PUSA recasts 2 new voice actors and breaks contracts..

Quote:Pokémon USA revealed new information at Comic-Con today, and the initial reports are sounding promising for those who disliked the voice acting in The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon.

According to PUSA, the special has been redubbed and will be a special feature on the Lucario and the Mystery of Mew DVD. A clip was played where Ash, Brock and May reportedly sound more similar to their original voices. The DVD will contain a Mew TCG card.

All of the new voice actors will remain the same, with the exception of Ash Ketchum, who will be voiced by Sarah Natochenny. Bill Rodgers, the new voice of Brock, was at the conference and revealed that he is taking a very different approach to the voice for season nine.

Pokémon USA announced at the panel some of its future plans for the anime series. The panel confirmed that a special based on the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games will air on Cartoon Network at an undetermined date, with a DVD release later. Five episodes of the new Battle Frontier season have already been dubbed, with each episode done within a week. The dubbers will work to keep most of the Japanese music as well. The ninth movie, Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy, is will be released sometime next year.

A sound file of the entire conference is expected to be uploaded to the Internet at a later date, so more information may arise at that time.